Judd Foundation maintains and preserves Donald Judd’s permanently installed living and working spaces, libraries, and archives in New York and Marfa, Texas. The Foundation promotes a wider understanding of Judd’s artistic legacy by providing access to these spaces and resources and by developing scholarly and educational programs.
Board of Directors
- Robert C. Beyer, Treasurer
- Dudley Del Balso
- Fairfax Dorn, Chairman
- Flavin Judd
- Rainer Judd
- Carl Ryan, Secretary
- Dan Sallick
- Ellen Salpeter
- Flavin Judd
- Curator & Co-President
- Rainer Judd
- Elizabeth Abrahamson
- Programs & Communication Manager
- Yuji Agematsu
- Building Supervisor
- Allison Ake
- Visitor Services Manager, New York
- Mette Carlsen
- Conservation & Collections Manager
- Alexis Daran
- Finance Manager
- Ofelia Estrada
- Buildings Attendant
- Chloe Gallagher
- Visitor Services Associate
- Richard Griggs
- Director of Operations
- Kathleen Hayes
- Director of Finance
- Casey Johnson
- Development & Administrative Assistant
- Jana La Brasca
- Catalogue Raisonné Research Fellow
- Christopher Longfellow
- Operations Manager, New York
- Jeff Matheis
- Visitor Services Coordinator, Marfa
- Ellie Meyer
- Catalogue Raisonné Research Manager
- Caitlin Murray
- Director of Marfa Programs
- Rico Roman
- Randy Sanchez
- Facilities Manager
- Andrea Walsh
- Director of Communications
- Emma Whelan
- Collections Assistant
Director of Development
Judd Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity created to preserve the permanently installed living and working spaces of Donald Judd in New York and Marfa, Texas. The Foundation promotes a wider understanding of Judd’s artistic legacy by providing access to these spaces and resources and by developing scholarly and educational programs.
Position and Responsibilities
Judd Foundation seeks an experienced development professional to oversee and grow the organization’s fundraising activities. Competitive candidates will have a well-rounded background in fundraising for arts institutions, and a proven track record of cultivating and soliciting support.
The position will work with the senior management team, Co-Presidents and Board of Directors to define fundraising strategy and lead implementation. The position will report to the Director of Operations and supervise the Development Assistant. Based in New York, an important qualification for the position is the ability to travel regularly.
• With the senior management team and Board, define overall fundraising strategy to set and meet the contributed income goals of the Foundation (individual, foundation and government), both for annual giving and major gifts.
• Lead individual fundraising; identify and cultivate new prospects; build and maintain donor relationships and solicit gifts.
• Create strategies to expand individual and corporate membership, including the development of focused membership groups.
• Direct annual appeal planning and execution.
• Develop and implement event strategy to engage donors and prospects.
• Work closely with the Co-Presidents to support and prepare their cultivation activities.
• Direct applications and reporting for foundation and government grants; identify prospective grants; oversee grants calendar; and maintain funder relationships.
• Work closely with senior staff to integrate fundraising strategy across all departments of the Foundation.
• Grow the development team overtime, inline with increased income.
• Oversee donation accounting systems and development budget.
• Oversee database management.
• Report development activity to Board of Directors.
Competitive Candidates will have at least 5 years experience of arts fundraising in progressively senior positions; will have good knowledge of contemporary art funders; enjoy cultivation; have excellent interpersonal skills and will be flexible and creative in their approach.
Additional Qualifications include:
• BA degree in related field, Masters preferred
• Strong writing/editing and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite , Apple OS and Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience with web and social media platforms
The Director of Development will be based in New York, and will be required to travel to the Foundation’s Marfa location.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package offered.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter. Recommendations for candidates are also welcome. No phone calls please. Send applications or recommendations to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write: “Director of Development” in the subject line.
Judd Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Judd Foundation offers Archives and Conservation internships during the summer, fall, and spring quarters in our Marfa office. Often requiring specialized training, these internships focus on documenting, conserving, and making the collection accessible.
Judd Foundation offers Development, Visitor Service, Catalogue Raisonné, and Communications Internships during the fall, winter, spring, and summer quarters in our New York office. Specialty internships are available from time to time based on needs.